Lara Bernhardt "The Haunting Of Crescent Hotel" An Interview with Lara Bernhardt by Jason E. Foss


                                                                                  LARA BERNHARDT

                               "Behind the excitement of being an Author we tend to focus on their book and the work they put in.  This particular blog focuses on the 'Business behind the book'.  I spoke to Lara Bernhardt  and the first thing this talented Author asked me was 'how can I support you?'  She supported my business right then and there.  Not once did she ask me to buy her book.  Even though it's under three dollars on Amazon.  That selfless mindset is easy to admire.  She opens up to us about how to become successful with whatever your talent or goal is.  She also let's us know that it's okay to be honest about what you can use assistance with.  She wants you to achieve your goals and here is what she shared with us."

     
Jason:                      "What was your most memorable moment or greatest accomplishment so far as an Author?


Lara:

                                    "I consider each published book a huge accomplishment. So much work goes into them. I was thrilled when "The Wantland Files" was accepted for publication by Kindle Press. And then again when it was selected from hundreds of submissions for the 2017 Oklahoma Book Award for Best Fiction. Both moments were memorable - and resulted in squeals of delight along with happy tears. But perhaps most memorable of all was when I opened an email from my agent (her offer of representation was another wonderful moment!), letting me know she had an offer for my first women's fiction "Shadow of the Taj." That book is the first I ever wrote and is based on subject matter I am passionate about. I hope it can make a difference."


Jason:                            "What advice would you give to those trying to chase their dreams and be successful?"


Lara:

                                       "I could give any of several well known cliches for this one. But I'll sum it up in my own words. I think we all compare ourselves too much. We see people referred to as "overnight" success stories but don't hear about the ten years of hard work and long hours that built up to that supposedly instant success. I think it's important to know your goal, be prepared to put in twice as much work as you anticipate, and then stay focused on it. Don't be distracted or discouraged by people who appear to be doing better than you."


Jason:                           "Out of Sales, Motivation, Marketing, and Advice which ones could you use some extra help in?"


Lara:

                                       "Marketing is my pick out of these, though I think marketing and sales tie closely together. The book market is so bloated that standing out in the saturated market is tough. Very tough. Building a following is slow, arduous work. My books review well - readers who take the chance and try them seem to genuinely enjoy, and I do have many asking when the next in the series will be out. That's reassuring for me. Hopefully, I will eventually reach a larger audience."


Jason:                             "If you had to choose someone you know, that has a lot of talent and a Passion who would that person be and what is their Passion or Talent?


Lara:  

                                        "I took time to mull this over, but I keep coming back to my husband, William Bernhardt. He is also an author. Several of his books have hit the New York Times Best Sellers list. He is dedicated and hard working. In addition to being talented and passionate about his own writing, he is also passionate about helping other writers reach their goals. He has written a line of books addressing the craft of writing, with no-nonsense advice and even some activities. He also offers writing retreats and hosts an annual conference. I'm impressed by how hard he works to keep abreast of the newest innovations and changes in the publishing world, not only to ensure he is positioned for success but also to share the information with other aspiring authors."    


Jason:                              What is the main reason why you are a strong supporter of my new business?


Lara:

                                          "I support your new business because I love the idea of artists coming together to support one another. You're offering a base group of support composed of like-minded, creative individuals who can keep each other focused and motivated. I think your blog is brilliant and offers a way for authors to share their love of writing with readers :-)"


                                      Link: https://www.amazon.com/Haunting-Crescent-Hotel-Wantland-Files-ebook/dp/B07GN7WS8G/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=lara+Bernhardt&qid=1552835574&s=gateway&sr=8-1


                                                                               CLOSING

                                 "Lara Bernhardt has a book out called "The Haunting Of Crescent Hotel".  My favorite advice she gave us today is to know your goal.  Once you have a goal you can figure out a game plan to achieve it.  Whether it is to be an Author or anything else once you figure it out go after it!  She says put in TWICE the amount of work you anticipate.  Another very important thing she touched on was not to be discouraged or distracted by people who appear to be doing better than you.  That is a powerful message that is going to help a lot of people.  Focus on where you are and where you want to be and go after it like there was a sense of urgency.  Marketing is what she would love to have more of.  So if you are interested in making a difference in this amazing Author's life click on the link above and buy "The Haunting Of Crescent Hotel".  Let her know you bought it.  You can call my number below.  Let us know what your goals are so we can support eachother.  And remember, if you want something bad enough there is no limit to the things you can accomplish if you put in the work and let people know about you.  You'd be surprised with how many people would be willing to help!"


                                                                                          Jason E. Foss
                                                                                          Empowered-individuals.blogspot.com
                                                                                          954 743 8670

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sherrie Brown "Samantha: Time Travel" An Interview with Sherrie Brown by Jason E. Foss

Amy. J. Markstahler "Life Happens On The Stairs" An Interview with Amy. J. Markstahler by Jason E. Foss